Mold: Sanneng 1312 baking tray 28 * 28cm
Oven: Cass 35L
The raw materials were not completely copied from the book. I used the cake roll I had been using
A: 3 egg yolks, 20g sugar, 40g corn oil, 60g milk, 15g faverna cocoa powder, 40g low powder
B: 3 protein, 40g sugar, a few drops of lemon juice, a pinch of salt
C: 1 protein, 1 tbsp corn starch, 12 tbsp low flour
D: Light cream 160g, powdered sugar 15g
Practice of giraffe pattern cake roll
1. Mix corn oil with milk and beat with egg beater until emulsified.
2. Add three yolks and mix well
3. Add 20g sugar and mix well
4. Add the low flour in a and mix well (cocoa powder is not added first)
5. At this time, take another bowl of spoon out of a spoonful of egg yolk paste, add 12 teaspoons of low flour in C, mix well.
6. Add 1 tsp corn starch to one protein in C until it is dry and foamy.
7. Mix the protein cream with the egg yolk paste in step 5 and put it into the flower mounting bag.
8. Put silicone oil paper on the baking tray. It must be a good oil paper, so that the cake baked at that time will not stick to the oil paper and will not peel off. Because the protein paste is very sticky, it will be difficult for the bad oil paper to separate the cake and cause damage to the giraffe pattern.
9. Use the protein cream in the decoration bag to draw the white pattern on the giraffe’s body on the silicone oil paper. You can practice on the white paper in advance, and then squeeze it on the silicone oil paper. In any case, you can draw circles, triangles, ellipses and rectangles, and then connect these kinds of figures. My painting skill is at this level.
10. Put the giraffe pattern in the preheated 170 degree oven for 1 minute, take it out and let it cool.
11. At this time, add the egg yolk paste in part 4 to the cocoa powder and mix well.
12. Add lemon juice and salt to the three proteins in B, and add sugar in three times to beat until the protein cream is dry and foamy.
13. Add the beaten protein cream into the cocoa egg yolk paste three times and mix well.
14. Then pour the cocoa batter into the pre baked giraffe pattern baking plate, spread well, shake the cake plate, eliminate the bubbles.
15. Put it in a preheated oven and bake at 180 ℃ for 20 minutes. The temperature depends on the oven temperature of your home.
16. After baking, put a clean silicone paper on the surface of the cake. Turn the cake upside down, with the bottom of the cake facing up. Tear off the silicone paper when it is warm, and then turn the cake back.
17. Then, add the light cream in D into the powdered sugar, beat it to 8, distribute it, spread it on the surface of the cake, and roll it up,
18. Roll the cake roll and put it in the refrigerator for more than 2 hours. I refrigerated all night.