Ingredients: (reference portion: a cake roll about 29 cm long)
Cake: 5 protein, 4 yolks, 68g low gluten flour, 12g Matcha powder, 90g sugar, 40g vegetable oil, 60g water
Cream: milk 105g, sugar 25g, egg yolk 1, low gluten flour 5g, corn starch 5g, butter 70g
Others: right amount of red beans, a little Matcha powder
Practice of Matcha red bean cake roll
1、 Make cream
1. Pour all the ingredients except butter into the milk pan and stir well.
2. Put the milk pot on the stove, heat it over low heat and stir it with chopsticks until it becomes a thick paste. Put the milk pan in cold water and continue to stir until it is cool.
3. Add softened butter to the cooled batter and beat with electric beater.
2、 Boil the red beans until soft and rotten, keep them in granular state, drain the water and set aside. Red beans are not easy to boil, you can soak them in water for several hours in advance, and take the method of stewing when boiling.
3、 Making Matcha red bean cake roll
1. Separate the egg protein from the yolk, and add 30 grams of sugar to the yolk.
2. Beat the yolks and sugar well.
3. Continue to add vegetable oil into the yolk and beat well.
4. Add water to the yolk and beat well. (use electric egg beater in the whole process)
5. Sift the low gluten flour and Matcha powder into the egg yolk.
6. Use a rubber scraper to stir until there is no dry powder, and then use an electric egg beater to stir evenly to form egg yolk paste.
7. Use electric egg beater to beat the egg white. Add 20g sugar when the egg is in the shape of fish eye.
8, continue beating until the foam becomes thinner (as shown), then add 20 grams of granulated sugar.
9, continue beating the protein until the foam is more delicate, add the remaining 20 grams of granulated sugar.
10. Continue to beat the egg white until it is wet and foamy (lift the egg beater to form a curved sharp corner). In the above 7-10 steps, simply put, add 60 grams of sugar into the protein in three times, and beat until it foams wet.
11. Pour 13% foaming protein into the egg yolk paste and mix well with a rubber scraper.
12. 11 in the protein and egg yolk paste mix well, and then all into the remaining protein, continue to use the rubber scraper to stir evenly, the cake paste is ready.
13. Spread tin foil and oil paper in the baking tray, tin foil is on the bottom and oil paper is on the top. Pour the cake paste into the baking tray, smooth it, lift the baking tray and shake it on the table for a few times to make bubbles. Then put it in the middle of the preheated oven and bake at 170 ℃ for 18 minutes.
14. The baked cake slices are immediately buckled on the baking grid, and the oil paper at the bottom is torn while it is hot.
15. After the cake is cooled slightly, turn it upside down, put a layer of cream on the surface evenly, sprinkle with red beans, and leave 2-3cm at the upper and lower edges of the long side.
16. Roll up along the long side.
17. Wrap the rolled cake roll with oil paper, tighten both ends, and refrigerate for more than half an hour.
18. Put the remaining cream into the decoration bag. Cut a 2 mm wide hole at the tip of the decoration bag, squeeze patterns on the top of the cake roll, and screen a small amount of Matcha powder for decoration.
1. When making cream, the custard should be cooled completely before mixing with butter, otherwise the butter will melt. Keep stirring during the cooling process to prevent caking. If you find it troublesome to make cream, you can also use whipped cream instead.
2. The basin containing protein should be oil-free and water-free, otherwise it will affect protein dispersing. When mixing the foaming protein and egg yolk paste, use a scraper to stir it like stir frying. Do not use an electric egg beater to stir it.
3. Cream is easy to harden and affect the taste when it is cold, so it is best to place the cake roll with cream at room temperature and finish it as soon as possible. If it is stored in cold storage, it should be taken out of the refrigerator at least one hour before eating.
4. The moisture content of the cake roll formula should be relatively large, and the powder content is relatively small. At the same time, the protein can be beaten until it is wet and foamy, and the baking time should not be too long. After mastering these points, the cake will not crack in the process of rolling. I roll it by hand without any tools.