Materials (3 persons)
Rice: 450g Thai fragrant rice, 50g glutinous rice, 600ml water
Seasoning: 5 tbsp rice vinegar, 3 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp salt
Ingredients: 150g spinach, 15g butter, 2 eggs, 20g meat floss, salad dressing, 2 pieces smoked salmon
Mold: 6-inch heart-shaped cake mold
How to make salmon sushi cake
450 Thai fragrant rice (3 cups) with appropriate amount of glutinous rice, wash clean.
2. Pour the rice into the pot, add the same amount of water as the rice grains, and use the measuring cup to take the rice. I poured 3 and 12 cups, and opened fire to cook.
3. When cooking rice, treat spinach, clean spinach, boil water in the pot, blanch it for 1 minute, take it out and put it in cold water (if possible, ice water is the best). This is to make spinach taste better and keep its color unchanged. Then squeeze out the water and cut it into small pieces for standby.
4. Turn down the heat in the frying pan, melt the butter, break up the eggs and put them into the pan, stir fry until they are granulated and set aside.
5. Make sushi vinegar: pour 5 tbsp rice vinegar, 3 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp salt into the soup pot and melt over low heat.
6. Mix the cooked rice with sushi vinegar while it is hot. Grasp the rice and vinegar evenly with disposable gloves and let it cool.
7. Put the fresh-keeping film in the cake mold, put the rice in and compact it, spread the broken spinach, and squeeze a proper amount of salad dressing; then put a layer of rice and sprinkle a layer of meat floss.
8. Lay a layer of rice on the meat floss, compact it, put on the broken eggs, roll up the salmon slices and put them on the top to form a rose like shape, cut out the thin leaves with cucumber skin, and then take out the mold.
When cooking sushi rice, the water should be a little less than usual. The ratio of rice to water should be about 1:1, and ordinary rice should be used. Of course, you can’t stop using expensive special sushi rice. I think Thai fragrant rice with a little glutinous rice tastes better.
The cooked rice should be mixed with sushi vinegar. If there is no special sushi vinegar, you can adjust it by yourself. Take white rice vinegar, add sugar and a little salt, and heat it over low heat, but do not boil it. As for the proportion, you can choose it according to your own preference. You can also refer to the following proportion:
1 box of rice (about 150g): vinegar 1 and 23 tbsp sugar 1 tbsp salt 23 tbsp
2 boxes of rice (about 300g): vinegar 3 tbsp sugar 2 tbsp salt 1 and 12 tbsp
2 boxes of rice (about 450g): 5 tbsp vinegar, 3 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp salt
As for the ingredients in the middle, you can actually choose them according to your own ingredients.